North Central State College’s Cyber Security degree is a great starting point for a successful and exciting career in Information Technology ‐ Cyber Security. Students learn how to detect and defend against network infrastructure attacks by learning how to think like a hacker and how to use the tools hackers use to penetrate network defenses. Successful students can earn the following information technology and security certifications:
- Certified Ethical Hacker, Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator
- Cloud+(CV0‐002), Linux+, Security+
- Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016 (70‐740)
Graduates of this program develop problem solving and communication skills necessary to function effectively with end-users and decision makers throughout all levels of the organization. Our graduates develop life‐long learning skills ‐‐ the key to success in the exciting and dynamic field of Cyber Security.
NCSC graduates are employed as incident handlers, security auditors, security specialists, penetration testers, and other related positions within the information security realm. Graduates work in private, public, and government sectors for businesses and industries that require security practitioners to meet government regulations or to help safeguard company resources and data.
The Associate of Applied Science degree is awarded for the completion of this program.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students earning an IT Cyber Security degree from NCSC are prepared to:
- Use ethical hacking to perform penetration testing, and perform digital forensics to collect information about cyber incidents.
- Compare and contrast common network security components and devices and their use throughout the IT infrastructure.
- Implement and administer SMB network security: identify and remediate threats and secure data and network communication.
- Implement the concepts of confidentiality, availability and integrity in information assurance, including physical, software, devices, policies, and people.
- Attain Cisco®, CompTIA®, EC‐Council©, or VMware® certification.