A key part of the College’s Entrepreneur Initiative is support of student businesses through business incubators. The college provides student incubators at the Kehoe Center in Shelby. The incubators provide students with quality office and work space as well as advisory services and grant funding.
Combined with the College’s entrepreneur curriculum and key linkages to the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) and to Braintree Business Development Center, the business incubators enable student entrepreneurs to pursue their goals of launching their own businesses. Interested students should contact the Assistant Dean of Business, Industry and Technology at 419‐755‐4817.
Through a partnership with Motorcycle Ohio, North Central State College hosts a three‐day basic rider courses (BRC) for new riders and a one‐day returning rider course (RRC) for the rider with more experience. The courses run weekly March through November at a cost of $50.
This course is required by the State of Ohio for riders between the ages of 15½ and 17. Students must have a valid temporary motorcycle learner’s permit (TIPIC) or valid motorcycle endorsement. Motorcycles and helmets will be provided and no experience is needed. Upon successful completion of the knowledge and skills tests within the course, students will earn a BMV skill test waiver for a motorcycle endorsement.
For more information, visit the Motorcycle Training link of the College website at www.ncstatecollege.edu/cms/certificates/motorcycletraining.
Skillsmax is a comprehensive human capital development solution that works for both human resource professionals and individuals. The key is identifying skill levels and preferences to match the right person with the right job.
- Job Profiling – Characteristics and qualities required for performance
- Assessment – Discover what jobs best match your company employees’ skills, abilities, and preferences
- Skill Gap Analysis – Find out which skills need improvement
- Job Matching – Placing the right person in the right position
- Training Referrals – We help you find the right education and training for your employees
- Skill Certification – Consultants will verify your competencies
Workforce development at North Central State College is committed to meeting the training needs of business and industry. Our workforce team works with business and industry partners to design customized hands‐on and online training programs. We provide small companies, large corporations, as well as public and private employers with high quality, college‐level learning experiences.
With technology changing in almost every field, employee development and training has become an ongoing requirement in the workplace. The training programs available at North Central State College give employees the knowledge and skills needed to increase productivity and performance on the job.
Our workforce team can customize training offering on‐demand, hands‐on, online or hybrid training. Each program and/or training can be customized to meet specific productivity goals, strategic plans or contractual agreements of individual companies.
Trainees also have the option of earning college credit for their training; credits can be applied toward an Associate Degree. The benefits of North Central State College training include:
- Programs tailored to meet your company’s needs and delivered both on and off site.
- Programs offer a blend of job‐related, hands‐on, online and hybrid training.
- Flexible programming to meet business/industry schedules.
- Reduced travel costs and time; increased convenience for employers and employees.
- Follow‐up evaluation after training.
- Credit or non‐credit, short and long‐term training available.
- Opportunity for contract training and partnership with your local college.
- Funding assistance may be available.
North Central State College is in a collaborative relationship with Pioneer Career and Technology Center, Madison Career Center, and Ashland County West Holmes.