North Central State College’s Networking degree prepares students for a successful career in Information Technology (IT). Students learn how to create, administer and secure servers and networking infrastructures while earning information technology certifications such as:
- CCENT, CCNA, CCNA Wireless
- Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016 (70‐740), Identity with Windows Server 2016 (70‐742)
- A+, Cloud+ (CV0‐002), Linux+, Security+
Graduates of this program develop problem solving and communication skills necessary to function and communicate effectively with end‐users and decision makers throughout all levels of the organization. Our graduates develop life‐long learning skills—the key to success in the exciting and dynamic information technology field.
Students earning a Networking degree are engaged as data communications and help desk support specialists, network and computer technicians, and Windows and Linux server administrators. Graduates are employed by local and regional businesses, government agencies, and educational institutions.
Information Technology (ITEC) students are expected to have a minimum competency in the computer environment upon entering the program, as evaluated by using the Computer Literacy assessment. Students who do not meet the minimum standards are required to take additional preparatory coursework. ITEC students must maintain a grade of C‐ or higher in their technical courses to continue in the program. Those not achieving the required grade must retake those courses and earn the minimum grade.
The Associate of Applied Science degree is awarded for the completion of this program.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students earning a degree in IT Networking from NCSC are prepared to:
- Design, implement, and administer small and midsize business (SMB) networks.
- Install and administer SMB server and workstation operating systems (NOS/OS).
- Implement and administer SMB network security: identify and remediate threats and secure data and network communication confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Troubleshoot and remediate SMB computer and network hardware, software, and communications issues.
- Attain Cisco®, CompTIA®, Microsoft®, and VMware® certifications.